Wednesday, November 27, 2013

El Castillo de Chapultapec

So, I am now back from Mexico, but I was too busy having adventures my last few weeks to record them, so I am now going to try to catch up.  I think I will enjoy the time to reminisce.  

A couple weeks ago, I decided to go explore Mexico's very own castle.  It wasn't too far away, so one  Saturday in between shifts, we headed out!

There was a beautiful view off of one of the many balconies that we could see a portion of the city and the Mexico flag waved beautifully in the skyline.  Viva!


Beautiful stained glass


There were several carriages.  This one was my favorites.


One of the many grand staircases.


An elevator!  I can't imagine living in a house that had an elevator.  The metal work was just so beautiful.  The picture doesn't really do it justice, so you are just going to have to trust me on that one, or go visit yourself.


Ceiling


Bryton and I in the courtyard


More of the courtyard



After visiting the castle, I realized Valerie would love it.  Stay tuned for part two, where Valerie comes to Mexico and I take her to the castle!

No comments:

Post a Comment