Friday, November 15, 2013

Puebla, Part Two

So, that afternoon we left our wonderful hosts for the morning and headed over to a different part of the city to spend the rest of the day with Edgar's family. (If you didn't read the last post, Diana and Edgar and a wonderful family that got baptized on my mission that are from Puebla, Mexico.)  They also treated us better than we deserved.  We had the most delicious comida with them and I ate more than I should have.  I should have taken a picture of the food, but I was enjoying the company and busy eating!  We then went out to see some sites with Edgar's Sister, brother-in-law, and son Derik.  We first stopped by the mall and they had these incredible ofrendas, oops, I mean offerings for the Dia de los Muertos o sea Day of the Dead.

We then went to this enormous ferris wheel!  One of the biggest in the world.  Here I am with the crew.  They were so good to us.  I just can't get over their generosity.



By this point it was getting dark, so the pictures weren't as good, but I thought I would include it anyway.

Here are Edgar's parents.  I think this was taken By Sara who is the little girl in the picture below.  She got ahold of my phone and had some fun.  We were good friends by the end of the day. :)


Here we all are at the house.  I'm sad the picture was blurry, but I had to include it.  I feel like I now have a new family in Puebla.  It was so good to visit.  I could´t believe how we started at the beginning of the day as complete strangers and they opened their hearts and homes to us and the greatest hosts any one could ask for and we left with some new dear friends.  It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment