Friday, November 8, 2013

Puebla, Part One

Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to go visit Puebla last week, which is about two-and-a-half hours south of Mexico City.  I went to go visit the extended family of the Leon's who are a family that I taught on my mission.  I will let the pictures tell most of the story.  We spent the morning with Diana's parents who were so kind and generous to us.  They took us around the city and showed us the wonderful highlights of the city.
Here I am in a beautiful cathedral.  The cathedrals here are just magnificent.

Here Sarah and I are in the Zocolo.  It isn't the best picture, but I loved how clean, beautiful, and safe the city felt.

We went to see an old fort.

 Here were our hosts for the morning.  Diana's parents Gabriel and Consuelo.  They were so generous and good to us.  They treated us so well and were kinder than we deserved.
We went to go see a pyramid in Cholula which was close by.  It was pretty cool, because we could go inside and walk through tunnels.  It was hard to get good pictures with my phone, because it was pretty dark, but this one turned out pretty well.

Here are the ruins outside the pyramid.  There were so many that just went on and on and on.

Sarah and I

Here are some more of the ruins and a church that has been built on top of the pyramid.

One side of the pyramid.


Sarah and I on top of the pyramid.

I ate a grasshopper!!!  Sarah loved them.  I didn't feel the same way.  Kind of crunchy with a strange after taste.

This was the church on top.  I loved how it was yellow.  There are tons of churches in the city, appearently 365, one for each day of the year.

Here is our whole group up on top with the beautiful city of Puebla in the background.  Stay tuned for part two!

No comments:

Post a Comment