Friday, October 4, 2013

An Afternoon at the Museum

I have been much healthier this week, which has really made me grateful for my health.  It seems most of the instructors here have gotten sick sometime in the last two weeks.  It appears that the combination of none of us having any sort of antibodies against the bugs floating around here combined with us all being together all the time led to us all getting sick. So, without further ado, the adventures of my week!

On Tuesday we went out to explore the museum of Anthropology.  It was really beautiful and huge!  We spent over two hours there and only saw three of the 23 rooms and quite honestly, we could have spent the whole time in one room.  The word room doesn't really explain it well, it is more like a series of 23 different museums.  We could have spent a week there and probably not see anything.  We will probably go back again and try to see a little bit more.  Someone reccomended that we hire a guide to show us the museum and although I was initially skeptical, it was well worth every penny, umm, I mean peso.


Our group just outside the museum with a big Mexican Flag!
Something cool... I don't remember what it was, but it was cool enough that I took a picture.
These were actual bones of some torture victims.  

A few other pictures of some things we saw.  I should stay and write better descriptions, but dinner is starting and I am hungry!





No comments:

Post a Comment