Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Weekend in Delta

Last weekend I went to this lovely place:

This is Delta - well at least the gravel pits of Delta, Utah.  

One of my good friends is from here and took me home for the weekend.  It was a lot of fun.  I always love to meet my friend's family and see where they come from.  It's fun putting into context all the stories I've heard.

It was a little colder than we were hoping, but at least it wasn't raining.  As we drove down it was pouring, so we were glad the weather was at least dry on our day to play.  We were originally going to go four wheeling (which I've come to love), but it was so cold we decided to forgo the four wheeler.  Instead her Dad took us in the truck out to Fossil Mountain.  I should have taken a picture of the mountain, it was incredible!  It was absolutely covered in fossils.  It was mostly shells, but still cool!  There were a few trilobite looking things as well as bugs fossilized in the mountain.  I got to bring a few home.



While driving around we found this hard pan where the movie John Carter Goes to Mars was filmed.  So in case you were wondering what Mars looks like, this is it.  I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I think it's some hardened minerals that harden into a rock like substance.  It's such a unique cool thing!

Then I got to try something new, which I love to do.  I got to learn how to shoot a gun!  Don't ask me what kind of gun it was, because I wouldn't be able to tell you.  I was a little terrified at first, but once I'd shot my first shot I knew what to expect and it got better.  Those guns certainly are loud!  




All in all it was a fun weekend in Delta!  It was a good little break from school and work and a good chance to relax and play!


No comments:

Post a Comment